Our Rental Program offers quality violin, viola and cello outfits of all sizes for rent. All instruments are professionally set up in our own workshop and are maintained by us throughout the rental period at no extra charge. Outfits include instrument, bow, case and quality strings, and are set up to the standard of instruments sold in our shop.
NOTE TO PARENTS
It is very important that children build technique and good habits on instruments that are suited to their size. As there are many sizes (8 for violin), it is sometimes preferable to rent instruments, as these may be exchanged at any time for a larger instrument at no additional cost.
NOTE TO TEACHERS
Teachers are able to concentrate on their student’s needs rather than having to spend time making adjustments to substandard instruments. All instruments are set up for ease of playing and quality of tone, making the experience more enjoyable and productive for both student and teacher alike
Monthly Rental Rates
|INSTRUMENT||MONTHLY RENTAL||AVAILABLE SIZES|
|Violin||HK$ 200||4/4, 7/8, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/10, 1/16|
|Viola||HK$ 230||15.5″, 16″, 16.5″|
|Cello||HK$ 390||4/4, 7/8, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8|
|Double Bass||HK$ 560|
Rentals: Terms and Conditions
- The Instrument Rental Service is available for Hong Kong residents only.
- The minimum rental period is 3 months.
- The customer may change the instrument at any time should a larger instrument be required at no additional cost.
- We will retain a refundable deposit throughout the rental period. (Violin HK$ 780, Viola HK$ 880, Cello HK$ 1,600 and D.Bass HK$2,000)
- All instruments are guaranteed to be in good playing condition. We will carry out any repairs required due to faulty materials or structural faults.
- The customer will be responsible for loss or damage and for replacing consumable items; these comprise strings, bridge and bow hair.
- As owners of the instruments, Hong Kong Strings Ltd insists that all repairs are carried out in its own workshop. At no time should customers attempt to repair an instrument themselves.